Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So I arrived in New Orleans at about 4:30pm on January 4th finally after a wily trip taking a group of us through Baltimore, Maryland instead of Atlanta, Georgia, and getting us here at 4:30pm instead of 10:22am as originally planned. As many small groups are inclined to do when put into tight situations with each other we got to know each other a little better and easier than we might have if it would have been the huge group all lugging around our stuff through airports.
Well i have never been to Maryland and I have never been to New Orleans so i was excited either way to just be, wherever i was. We got a big bus to get to our bed and breakfast. Going through the downtown area where the convention center is, made me a little nervous actually. It is like in New York City where at every corner a movie pops into your head because it looks as if it was filled right there, but instead of a movie popping into my head it was the documentaries and interviews that had me on the verge of crying after watching. We went through the French Quarter and I geeked at the sight of a levee, i have never seen one so close before and those even made me cringe.
We got food from Mona's, i got something called musabaha, which tasted just like hummus with bits of whole chickpea and i ordered a lentil soup. We ate sort of as a group and then spent the rest of the night celebrating getting/being here. It was an adventurous day and I hope those days do not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment